In order to facilitate University related travel in the most efficient and cost effective manner, while protecting travelers against the risk of loss and maintaining the necessary controls for accountability, the University is implementing a managed travel program supported by Board policy. The benefits available to University travelers by streamlining University travel reservations through these two agencies include:
- Leveraging the lowest available airline, hotel, auto rental, and rail service discounts utilizing one travel site/agency. These discounts have been negotiated through a consortium of Massachusetts based academic and healthcare institutions (such as Harvard, MIT, Tufts, Mass General, Dana-Farber and Brigham & Women's Hospital to name a few) and offer significant savings opportunities to University travelers.
- Ensuring that University employees traveling on business internationally are aware of University sponsored programs should emergency services be required
- For all international travel reservations
- For complex domestic travel reservations. Complex domestic travel is defined as visits to two or more cities.
- Small to Medium Size Groups
- For people who prefer personalized service.